Westone Thunder III wiring (Passive version)
Thanks to Keiran Wynyard for valuable assistance with this one.
- The black wire labelled '1' is the earth wire to the bridge.
- The volume and tone pots are 500K log, the tone capacitors C1 and C2 are 22nF Mylar
- Switches S1 and S3 are DPDT on/on switches, S2 is a DPDT on/on/on switch. Both S1 and S2 can be replaced by single pole equivalents if necessary.
- S1 - humbucker on/off
- S2 - coil select for humbucker (Either neck or bridge coil, both coils with the switch in the centre position)
- S3 - bridge pickup phase reverse
- Pickup Switch - chooses between neck, bridge or both single coil pickups.
- Volume - master volume
- Tone 1 - tone control for the humbucker
- Tone 2 - tone control for the bridge pickup
- The neck pickup connects directly to the pickup switch and from there to the volume control, the tone controls have no effect on this pickup.