Westone Monark (X5)
- 22 frets, locking nut, trem with fine tuners,
- H/S/H pickups.
- Maple body. I presume the controls are the same as the other 'pointy' Westones (Dynasty, Dimension IV) - 3 way selector for the humbuckers Master volume (Push-pull for coil tap) Tone (Push-pull for middle pickup) Tone (Push-pull for bridge pickup phase adjust)
- Available in red (X5RD) or white (X5SW)
First appeared in the Sept 1985 US pricelist, also appears in the August 1986 pricelist but not in the April 1987 one. The 1986 and 1987 German catalogues both describe the Monark as having a set neck - I don't know whether this is an error in the catalogue or a regional variation in the guitars design. (All the ones I've ever seen have had bolt-on necks)
The full specs are:
- Body - Maple
- Neck - Hard Maple set neck
- Fingerboard - Rosewood,
- 65cm scale, 22 frets.
- Graphite nut
- Pickups - Magnaflux IV humbuckers, Magnaflux VI single coil
- Controls - volume (Push-pull for coil tap), tone (Push-pull for middle pickup), tone (Push-pull for bridge pickup phase reverse)
- Bendmaster FT trem with FT string lock,
- black hardware.
- Available in White or Red
(Thanks to Ty Welt for the pictures of the white one)