Westone Spectrum Series II SPB311 bass wiring
This is the wiring diagram for my SPB311. I presume it is a 1988 model as it has 24 frets and a beveled heel.
- The switches are DPDT (Active
on/off) and 4PDT (Dual tone switch),
- The pickup selector switch is a
standard SPDT (On/on/on) switch.
- The volume pot is 500k log, both
the active and passive tone pots are 500k linear.
- The tone capacitor is
0.047 microfarad Mylar.
- Pickups -
Neck - Magnabass IV , 6.45k per coil
- Bridge - Magnabass V , 6.59k per coil
The IC (GL358 dual operational
amplifier) on the PCB is an obsolete part and may be hard or costly to
obtain - if it needs replaced, an LM358 may be used instead.
Only these wires are shown in the same colour as they are on the guitar :
- wires from the pickups
- screened leads
- earth wire to bridge
- positive lead to battery box
- the dark blue wires to the pickup switch, volume control and active circuit PCB
I have used different colours for all the other wires to make the diagram readable - on the guitar, they are all dark blue.